- Define motivation and explain the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic rewards.
- Identify and describe content theories of motivation based on employee needs.
- Identify and explain process theories of motivation.
- Describe the reinforcement perspective and social learning theory and how they can be used to motivate employees.
- Discuss major approaches to job design and how job design influences motivation.
- Explain how empowerment heightens employee motivation.
- Identify three elements of employee engagement and describe some ways that managers can create a work environment that promotes engagement.
- Describe how managers give people a sense of making progress toward meaningful goals to build a thriving workforce and create a high-performing organization